|| Security problems and break-ins are rare.
However, everyone's co-operation is required to keep our property as safe as
possible. Please follow these general guidelines.
- If you mis-place your keyfob, please report it to
management immediately so they can de-activate it from the system. It can be
re-activated if you find it again.
- Don't allow other vehicles or people to follow you down
the garage ramp. STOP at the stop sign at the bottom of the ramp and watch to
see the garage door close before moving.
- Do not tail-gate other vehicles down the ramp. If
another vehicle is ahead of you, wait until the green light has gone out, and
then use your key fob to open the door. It's the only way to be sure that the
system has registered your entrance - so that the garage door doesn't descend
on your car.
- If you see anyone acting suspiciously on the premises,
call the police. Do not confront someone, and don't phone management. The
community response number is 416-808-1500. For emergencies, such as a theft in
progress or a fire, call 9-1-1.
- Have your keys in hand so you do not have to linger
before entering your car or building.
- View the interior of your vehicle before entering to
ensure that no one is hiding inside, even if the doors were locked.
- Always lock your car after entering and when leaving
- Don't leave anything of value or interest in view in
your car. Even empty bags should be in your trunk.
- Don't leave the ownership or insurance cards in the
vehicle when unattended.
- Never hide a spare key in the vehicle, thieves know
where to look for it.
- If your car is stolen, it will need to be identified.
You should record the following: year, make model, and colour; licence number;
vehicle identification number; serial numbers of all special equipment; special
markings - dents, scratches, other damage etc.
- Registering your bicycle will greatly assist in its
recovery if stolen. You can register your bike with the Toronto police on-line
- To prevent the loss of bicycle accessories such as
lights, bags, seats etc., you can detach them and take them with you when the
bicycle is parked in the garage.